Monday, August 16, 2010

First Summer Nights Getaway

On August 8, John surprised me with a getaway. He sent me an invitation in the mail and told me to have my bags packed and childcare was provided by Gigi and Pops. After many tears shed, we dropped her off and were on our way. . . to . . . surprise The Lodge!
Our room was not ready when we got there so we enjoyed some cocktails (to help take my mind off of Margaret. I must say all the little kids on the beach didn't help :)
We headed to an early dinner in style. John surprised me with a limo so we could both have fun. From the outside the Cadillac looked fabulous.
But this pretty much sums it all up!!! It was the most disgusting limo you have ever seen!!!!!
but we managed to have fun!
The next morning came too soon!! Of course I am use to getting up with Miss Margaret so no sleeping late for me :(

Before checking out, we enjoyed some time on the beach to try and feel better. We were both feeling a lil rough!
Thank you for a wonderful getaway and for the grandparents for keeping our kids!
I SURVIVED!!!!!! and can NOT wait to see where we go next year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment